1. PERSONNEL QUALIFICATIONS:
UltraScan possesses a Written Practice which is a “Procedure for the Qualification and Certification of Non-Destructive Examination Personnel”. This document sets out the training, examination and certification program for UltraScan N.D.T. technicians.
ASNT SNT-TC-1A (2016) is the recommended practice used for the Qualification & Certification of UltraScan N.D.T. personnel.
Levels of Qualification:
Level III, Level II & Level I certified personnel are employed and utilized within the UltraScan NDT Team.
Welding Inspection Qualification:
UltraScan welding inspectors are trained, certified and registered with the Southern African Institute of Welding.
Reg. SAIW Welding / Fabrication Inspector Level II
Rope Access Qualification:
Our Rope Access Technicians are trained, certified & registered with the internationally recognized Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA). – Level III , Level II & Level I
2. SPECIFICATION CODES:
UltraScan personnel have a working knowledge of some of the Specification Codes listed below :-
- ASME Section V – Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code – Nondestructive Examination
- ASME Section VIII – Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code – Pressure Vessels – Division 1
- ASME Section IX – Qualification Standard for Welding & Brazing Procedures, Welders, Brazers, & Welding & Brazing Operators
- ASME B 31.3 – Process Piping
- ASME B 31.8 – Gas Transmission & Distribution Piping Systems
- BS EN ISO 9606-1:2013 – Qualification Testing of Welders – Fusion Welding Part 1:Steels
- BS EN ISO 15609-1 – Specification & Qualification of Welding Procedures for Metallic Materials – Welding Procedure Specification Part 1: Arc Welding
- BS EN ISO 9934-1 – Nondestructive Testing – Magnetic Particle Testing Part 1: General Principles
- BS EN ISO 17638:2009 – Non-Destructive Testing of Welds – Magnetic Particle Testing
- ISO 3452-1 – Nondestructive Testing – Penetrant Testing Part 1: General Principles
- ISO 17640 – Nondestructive Testing of Welds – Ultrasonic Testing
- AWS D1.1:D1.1M-2015 – American Welding Society
- AWS D1.6:D1.6M-2007 – American Welding Society
- API 1104 – American Petroleum Industries (pipelines)
- API 650 – American Petroleum Industries (storage tanks)